Mixpanel runs on a subscription service in which your card is charged at the beginning of every month or every year (depending on the plan you’ve purchased) to cover reporting services for that period of time.
- For example, if you sign up for the monthly Growth plan, you’ll be charged $24 each month at the beginning of the month.
- If you sign up for the annual Growth plan, you’ll be charged upfront $199 for the entire year.
À La Carte Data Rate Charges
View the additional data rate for your paid plan in Organization Settings > Plan Details & Billing
If you send more data than your paid monthly or annual plan allows, additional data charges will be charged at the beginning of the following month. So, if you go over your data cap one month, you will be charged your base price at the beginning of the next month plus à la carte data rate charges from the previous month's excess.
- For example, let’s say you are on a $24/month Growth plan, but in the month of January, you went over your 1,000 MTU allotment by 500 MTU.
- Around January 1, you would have paid your base monthly fee for January of $24. Then around February 1, you will pay your base monthly fee for February of $24 plus the January à la carte data rate charges you incurred.
- If you purchase an annual plan in January, you will be charged an à la carte data rate fee each following month for the data used was in excess of the purchased plan.
To maximize saving and avoid à la carte data rate charges, we recommend taking a look at pricing options and upgrading to a pricing plan that better fits your traffic.
À La Carte Data Rate Alerts
If you go over your prepaid amount, Mixpanel won't stop collecting your data. Any additional data over your current plan will be billed the following month.
Organization owners and billing admins are sent an alert email if their paid account reaches the following percentages of their plan volume: 85%, 100%, 110%, 120%, 200%, 300%, 400%. It is possible to receive multiple alerts in a month if an account reaches two or more of the thresholds mentioned above. Email addresses that are CC'd on receipts will also be CC'd on à la carte data rate alerts.
If the billing owner logs into Mixpanel, they will see a popup if their account reaches the following percentages of their plan volume: 100%, 110% and 120%.
Receipts will be emailed to all organization members with Billing permissions (Billing Admins and Owners). The emailed receipts differentiate between your base monthly charge and any à la carte data rate charges.
To view your recent receipts, select your initials in the top-right corner and select the Organization name under Organization Settings. In the BILLING & PAYMENT section click View beside Billing Information. Select the Receipts tab.
Click the PDF icon beside the receipt to download the receipt as a PDF.
If you are an international customer and need VAT information added to your receipts, add your VAT information by editing the RECEIPT INFORMATION field.