Access Security enables organization owners and admins to enable or disable two factor authentication (2FA).
Enable or Disable Two Factor Authentication
Two factor authentication (2FA) is a security process that requires users to provide two different authentication factors, such as passwords or tokens, to verify their identity.
- In your "Organization Settings", select Access Security.
- In “Two Factor Authentication”, if the icon is gray, click it to enable. If the icon is purple, click it to disable.
- The “Verify Mixpanel password” box will appear.
- Enter your password and click Confirm to finalize changes.
After you enable two factor authentication, your Mixpanel users will need to complete the following steps when they log into Mixpanel.
- On the mixpanel.com screen, select Log in
- Enter your Email and Password.
- Follow the directions of the reCAPTCHA prompt to verify you are not a bot.
- Click Log In.
- Enter your mobile phone number and click Continue.
- You will receive a text message with your Mixpanel security code.
- On the "Two step verification screen", enter your Mixpanel security code, and click Log In.