You can set up Microsoft Azure Single Sign-On to use with your Mixpanel account. Before using this document, read the general Mixpanel SSO set-up instructions as well as Azure’s documentation on setting up a new application.
Add Mixpanel as a New Application
For more information, read this Microsoft Azure article about configuring Mixpanel for automatic user provisioning.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications on the Microsoft Azure home page under Default Directory.
- Click New Application.
- Search and select Mixpanel to add as an application.
Edit SAML Config in Microsoft Azure
- Click Single sign-on under Manage.
- Enter the following information in the SAML Configuration:
- Entity ID: https://mixpanel.com/security/sso/v2/authorize/
- Reply URL: https://sso.mixpanel.com/sso/saml2
- Sign on URL: Postback URL from Mixpanel (should look like https://mixpanel.com/security/sso/v2/authorize/?org_id=<your org id>)
- Click Edit under User Attributes & Claims to add the required email claim (firstName and lastName are used for provisioning and optional).
Make sure the "Namespace" field is blank or it will cause issues.
- Download the SAML certificate under SAML Signing Certificate by clicking Download next to the Certificate (Base64) field. This will be uploaded to Mixpanel in the next step.
Copy Certificate into Mixpanel
- Navigate to the OVERVIEW tab in Access Security section in your Mixpanel ORGANIZATION SETTINGS.
- Upload the certificate in the SAML Certificate field.
- Input the Azure AD Identifier into the Issuer URL field.
- Input the Azure Login URL in the Identity Provider Sign-in URL field.
- Assign your team members this new application.