A proper implementation is an essential first step towards maximizing the value that you get out of Mixpanel. This course offers an in-depth walkthrough of an entire Mixpanel implementation and covers best practices along the way.
Total Duration: 3 hours
- Course expectations
- Lesson topics
- What is implementation?
- Different phases of implementation
- Who should be involved in the process?
- Introduction to a fake web app that will be used throughout the course
Understanding the Mixpanel Data Model
- Events and profiles
- Supported data types
Planning Your Implementation
- Implementation planning strategy
- Super properties, default properties, and special properties
- Implementation planning best practices and warnings
- Distinct ID
- Identify and alias functions
- Common identity management scenarios
Adding Tracking Code
- Creating Mixpanel projects
- Installing a Mixpanel integration library
- Tracking events and creating profiles
- Setting up identity management
- Registering super properties
- Quality assurance tools: Live View and Explore
- Quality assurance tests
- Switching from a development project to a production project
Please use the buttons below to let us know whether or not you found this course helpful. If you would like to provide any further feedback on this course, or if you have any suggestions for additional training resources, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.