A proper implementation is an essential first step towards maximizing the value that you get out of Mixpanel. This course offers an in-depth walkthrough of an entire Mixpanel implementation and covers best practices along the way.
Total Duration: 3 hours
- Course expectations
- Lesson topics
- What is implementation?
- Different phases of implementation
- Who should be involved in the process?
- Introduction to a fake web app that will be used throughout the course
Understanding the Mixpanel Data Model
- Events and profiles
- Supported data types
Planning Your Implementation
- Implementation planning strategy
- Super properties, default properties, and special properties
- Implementation planning best practices and warnings
Adding Tracking Code
- Creating Mixpanel projects
- Installing a Mixpanel integration library
- Tracking events and creating profiles
- Setting up identity management
- Registering super properties
- Quality assurance tools: Live View and Explore
- Quality assurance tests
- Switching from a development project to a production project