You must submit a request to cancel a Mixpanel account. Mixpanel uses a cancellation request form to:
- Ensure the account is not under contract before finalizing the request.
- Track the reasons for cancellations and listen to customer feedback.
Submit a Cancellation Request
To submit a cancellation request:
1. In ORGANIZATION SETTINGS, select an organization.
2. In Overview, click Submit in the BILLING & PAYMENT section.
The Downgrade Plan or Delete Organization window appears.
3. In the Downgrade or Delete Account window, select Delete Organization.
- In the Reasons for cancellation field, check all the boxes that apply for the reason to cancel.
- In the What will you do for analytics going forward? field, select an option in the dropdown menu.
- In the Would you like to add anything else? field, enter any additional information about the reason to cancel.
4. Click Submit. A message on the screen indicates the request has been submitted.
Mixpanel is unable to provide refunds.
Data Deletion Timeline
Mixpanel allows access to accounts for 60 days after a deletion request.
All data for projects you own are deleted in 60 to 90 days.
Project data deletion is a hard delete, which means the data is irretrievable after the 60 to 90 day period.