Dashboard Email Digests are a snapshot of a dashboard sent as an email.
Digests allow members to share recent data with both project members and external audiences, providing quick and meaningful insight into a Mixpanel project.
You must be a project owner, admin, or analyst to create email digests.
Digests can be sent once or sent repeatedly, presenting the option to send pertinent information once or to send data updates on a recurring basis. They can easily be built and managed as part of a Mixpanel Dashboard report. Note that digests only show the 8 reports that are on the top of a dashboard.
Create an Email Digest
You can access Mixpanel Dashboard Email Digests from the Dashboard report of a Mixpanel project.
You must have content in a dashboard in order to send a Dashboard Email Digest.
Additionally, you can have no more than eight reports included in a Dashboard Email Digest.
To create an Email Dashboard Digest:
- Select Email Digests from the overflow menu at the top right of the dashboard.
- The Email Digest Settings Control Center will display all active Email Digests. To create a new Email Digest, click + Create Digest in the top right corner.
- Fill out the resulting form, including the name of the digest, the dashboard upon which the digest is based (note: the digest will only contain the first 8 reports in the dashboard due to email size limitations), the intended recipients (any email address will receive the digest, whether or not they are internal or external to your organization), and the sending frequency (one time ASAP, daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Click 'Send'.
Digests for Private Dashboards
It is possible to share an email digest for a private dashboard. However, there are some restrictions to what will be visible or accessible.
- If you convert a regular dashboard with digests into a private dashboard, existing digests will still work with existing recipients. However, if they click View Dashboard, they will not be able to access your private dashboard. Creating new digests or editing existing digests within the private dashboard will force you to limit recipients to yourself.
- You cannot edit digests of someone else’s private dashboard without selecting a different dashboard that you have access to (regardless of your permissions or role). You can still delete the digest or select a different dashboard.
- You cannot see the title of someone else’s private dashboard in a digest. The private dashboard will appear as “Unknown Private Dashboard”.