Dashboard Email Digests are a snapshot of a dashboard sent as an email. Digests allow members to share recent data with both project members and external audiences, providing quick and meaningful insight into a Mixpanel project.
Digests can be sent once or sent repeatedly, presenting the option to send pertinent information once or to send data updates on a recurring basis. They can easily be built and managed as part of a Mixpanel Dashboard report.
Create an Email Digest
Mixpanel Dashboard Email Digests can be accessed from the Dashboard report of a Mixpanel project. You must have content in a dashboard in order to send a Dashboard Email Digest. Additionally, you can have no more than eight reports included in a Dashboard Email Digest.
To create an Email Dashboard Digest:
- Select the Email Digest option in the top right corner of the Dashboard report.
- The Email Digest Settings Control Center will display all active Email Digests. To create a new Email Digest, click the Email Digests button in the top right corner.
- Title the Digest.
- Select which dashboard you would like to send as the Digest.
Note that it is possible to select a dashboard that may not have any content (i.e. an unused Mixpanel default Marketing dashboard). No email will be sent if the dashboard is empty. Additionally, a Digest can display no more than eight reports, and will cut off any additional reports in the sent email.
- Add the internal project members and external recipients you would like to receive this information.
- Set the frequency for how often to send this Digest to your recipients. You can choose a one time ASAP message, or select this to recur at a particular time each day (daily) or day and time each week (weekly).
- Click 'Send'.