You can embed Boards and reports in third-party applications. The Mixpanel preview unfurls in the third-party app and automatically updates with your latest data. This can be useful for including data in other contexts where your team collaborates, such as a docs tool or a virtual whiteboard.
Here are some of the most popular apps to integrate with Mixpanel:
Note: We have a few known issues we’re working on fixing. If something doesn’t work for you, file a support ticket about the exact workflow via the "Contact Support" button in the top right of this page.
How to embed Mixpanel in third-party apps
Copy link from Mixpanel
- Open the Mixpanel board or report you want to embed in a third-party app.
- Copy the URL or click the link icon in the top-right corner.
Embed the link in the third-party app
- In the third-party file, navigate to where you’d like to embed your Mixpanel preview.
- For most third-party apps you can either paste the Mixpanel URL link, or follow their instructions on how to insert an embed.
- In the preview, you will be prompted to authenticate with Mixpanel to access the file.
- Now, anyone who has access to the report in Mixpanel will be able to see it in your third-party app.
Here is an example of the entire workflow in Figma's FigJam, one of the supported integrations.
Note: Though this feature works for any third-party that supports a standard oEmbed, certain integrations may be limited depending on how the third-party has customized their oEmbed settings.
Note: In Safari, you must have "Prevent cross-site tracking" off in order for any embedding to work. Go to Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Website tracking: Prevent cross-site tracking should NOT be checked.
Article is closed for comments.