Mixpanel will cover the costs of sending SMS messages for the first 1,000 SMS sent each month.
Once you’ve passed the 1,000 SMS/month limit, you can continue to send SMS by connecting your Mixpanel account to your Twilio account. This will also allow you to customize the phone number from which your users will receive SMS messages (for the first 1,000 SMS, they will come from a U.S. phone number).
Note that in order to successfully send SMS via Mixpanel with your Twilio account, you’ll need to purchase a phone number or short code - learn more about phone number and short code options with Twilio.
Add your Twilio details to Mixpanel
To send SMS messages using your Twilio account, you will need to input your Twilio Account SID, Auth Token, and Messaging Service SID to your Mixpanel project:
- Open the Mixpanel project you want to connect with Twilio, click your name in the upper righthand corner, and select Project settings from the dropdown.
- Click on Messages, and you’ll see a section called Twilio Information.
- Click CHANGE, and fill in your Twilio Account SID, Auth Token, and Messaging Service SID.
- Click Save changes; Mixpanel will validate these account details after you save them.
Find your Twilio Account SID and Auth Token
To find your Account SID and Auth Token:
- Sign in to your Twilio account.
- Click on Products in the upper left > Programmable SMS, which will take you to the Dashboard page.
- From Dashboard, click on Show API Credentials, and you will see both your Account SID and your Auth Token:
Messaging Service SID
To find your Messaging Service SID:
- From your Twilio account, click on Messaging Services.
- If you already have a Messaging Service, choose the SID of that service.
- If you don’t already have a Messaging Service, click Create a Messaging Service in the upper righthand corner. Once created, use the SID of that service.