The Messaging and Mobile A/B testing features will be deprecated from the product on January 1st, 2022. Read more information on the Mixpanel blog.
Sending push notifications is a powerful way to re-engage and connect with your users. If you are having trouble setting up push notifications, make sure:
1. Your Mixpanel project is properly configured to send push notifications
- Follow setup instructions: Sending iOS push notifications from Mixpanel
- Follow setup instructions: Sending Android push notifications from Mixpanel
2. Your users have Properties called “iOS Devices” and/or “Android Devices” on their profiles
Double check profiles to which you’ve attempted to send a push notification to ensure they have at least one of these properties and that the value of the Property is stored as a list:
If not, Mixpanel’s client-side libraries can be configured to set users’ device tokens as Mixpanel User Profile Properties once they click to accept push notifications. If you have access to the user's device token and want to set them as User Profile Properties explicitly, you can set them using the following property names:
If your users had an iOS Devices or Android Devices Property before attempting to send a push notification but these Properties were removed after sending the message, then there is likely an issue with your certificate - read more.
3. You’re targeting users correctly
Messages can only be sent to users with a User Profile Profile in your Mixpanel project. If the parameter specifications of your targeted message don't match any of your users, then no one will receive your message. Ensure that the device on which you expect to receive a push notification was, in fact, targeted in your criteria.