See our developer docs for ingestion rate limits.
Export API Rate Limits
The export API endpoint rate limit rules per project are as follows:
- Raw Export API Rate Limit (https://data.mixpanel.com/api/2.0/export/) : A maximum of 100 concurrent queries and 60 queries per hour.
- Formatted API Rate Limit (https://mixpanel.com/api/2.0/): A maximum of 5 concurrent queries and 60 queries per hour.
- JQL API Rate Limit (https://mixpanel.com/api/2.0/jql): Queries to the JQL endpoint contribute to Formatted API rate limit and have their own individual limit as well. There is a maximum of 5 concurrent queries and of 60 queries per hour. There is also a 5 GB limit on data that can be processed in a single query, and a 2 GB limit on the resulting output data.
If you exceed the rate limit, a 429 error will be returned.
You can reduce rate limiting errors using one of the two approaches:
- Spread your queries out over a longer period of time.
- Consolidate multiple queries into a single query (for example, multiple queries filtering on a single property may be combined into a single segmentation query).