Mixpanel Dashboards allow you to view all your most important metrics at a glance. Add Insights, Flows, Funnels, and Retention reports to a dashboard to be able to track those metrics both regularly and simultaneously.
Dashboards can be used to keep your whole company on top of your KPIs. Additionally, you can add text to your dashboards to help tell a compelling story, or highlight specific interpretations of the other reports on dashboards.
Create personal dashboards or project dashboards and share them with your team to help you and your colleagues understand and stay on top of your metrics.
The best way to navigate to existing dashboards within your Mixpanel project is the directory on the lefthand side of the page. This directory makes it easy to access your most-used dashboards by organizing them into several sections:
Favorites: to favorite a dashboard, click the "Favorite" button at the top right of that dashboard. Once you've done so, it will appear in the favorites section at the top left of the dashboards page.
Pinned: pinned dashboards are important dashboards for your organization. Mixpanel users with the Admin or Owner roles will be able to pin a dashboard such that it appears in the Pinned section for every project member.
Created by you: any dashboards you create will appear in this section. To create a new dashboard, click "+ New Dashboard" at the top of the directory.
Finally, you can search for all dashboards, or recently viewed dashboards, at the top of the directory.
Creating a new Dashboard
On the Dashboards page, click "+ New Dashboard" at the top of the left side directory. The new untitled dashboard will be created immediately, but you may wish to give it a name. To do so, click the current title, then type the desired name. At this point, your empty dashboard will look like this:
Adding Content to Dashboards
There are 3 types of content that you can add to a dashboard:
- An existing report that has already been created
- A new report that you can make from insights, funnels, flows or retention
- A text card to give context to your dashboard
There are a few ways to add an existing report to a dashboard. You can either start on a dashboard, and add reports to it directly, or start from a report and choose the dashboards to which the report should be added.
- Starting from a dashboard, adding a report can be done via the "Add" button near the top right of the dashboard, or if the dashboard is empty, from the center of the page. This will open a popup from which you can choose to create a new report of any type, or add an existing report.
- Starting from an existing report, adding the report to a dashboard can be done via the dashboard breadcrumb dropdown at the top left of the report, next to the report's title. Click into the dropdown, then select "Add to another Dashboard." Choose your dashboard, and a copy of the report will be added to it.
- Starting from another dashboard, select the overflow menu of a report you'd like to add. Select "Make a Copy" and then choose the dashboard you would like to add it to.
Note that adding an existing report always creates a linked copy.
Alter the Arrangement and Appearance of the Dashboard
Mixpanel Dashboards allow you to rearrange or resize the individual reports contained within the dashboard.
- To change the order of reports, simply click and drag any report to your desired position, via the gripper icon at the top right of the report.
- To resize a report, hover over it, then use the "plus" and "minus" buttons on the right of the report to change its width.
While this article covers the basics of Dashboards, you can learn more about its capabilities in the following additional articles: