In most reports, the quickest way to analyze Events and compare impacts based on which variant the user received is to use the Experiments Property. This Property is readily available in your Funnels, Retention, and Formulas report.
For example, here is the Property as it appears in the Formulas report:
The Experiments Property shown above is also available in Segmentation. However, rather than a human-readable name, the Property reflects the numeric Experiment ID and the Variant IDs.
To find the Experiment ID and Variant IDs for your A/B test for use in Segmentation:
- Click on the A/B Testing tab in your project.
- Click the Analytics icon for the experiment you'd like to analyze.
- The last number in the URL is the Experiment ID. For example:mixpanel.com/report/your_project_id/ab_test/#analytics/experiment_id mixpanel.com/report/123/ab_test/#analytics/678
- To get the Variant IDs, from the same page, open your developer console (Mac: option + command + j on Google Chrome).
- Search for “segmentation” under Network, and the Variant IDs will show under Preview:
Once you know the Experiment ID and Variant IDs, you can segment by those values in your reports to understand which users were in the original or variant of your test and do further analysis on your experiments.