MTU Pricing TransitionMixpanel transitioned to a Monthly Tracked Users (MTU) billing system in 2019. Read this blog post to learn more about the switch to billing for Monthly Trackers Users.
If you send more data points than your free plan allows:
- Mixpanel will continue to collect your data - including data sent while over quota.
- After an account exceeds the free quota, you will have 5 days to regain access to your reports by upgrading your plan online or contacting sales to purchase an Enterprise plan before loosing access to reports.
- Data allowances are reset every month. You will regain access to Mixpanel when the limit resets.
View Old Receipts
To view receipts for the last 12 months, navigate to ORGANIZATION SETTINGS and under Billing Information select the Receipts tab.
Receipts will be visible to all organization members with Billing permission (Billing Admins and Owners).
If you send more data than your subscription cap, consider upgrading to avoid à la carte charges and gain a volume discount. Annual plans give you a data limit per year, which is advantageous for businesses with seasonal spikes.
à la carte charges
If you send more data than your paid subscription allows:
- You will retain access to the product.
- You will be charged an à la carte rate for any data you use over your allotted limit. The à la carte data rate for plans purchased online is 120% of the plan's unit price.
- à la carte data rate charges accrued for the current month will be listed on the following month's receipt.
The à la carte data rate for plans purchased online can be calculated using the following formula
( Monthly Price / Subscription cap) * 1.2 = Cost for each additional unit
For example, if you pay for a $3649/yr for 10,000 monthly tracked users (MTU), your à la carte data rate would be:
( $3649 / 1000 MTU / 12) * 1.2 = $0.3649 per additional MTU over 10,000
In this scenario, the à la carte data rate fee for an extra 10,000 MTU would be $364.90 per month. Upgrading to a higher volume subscription would secure a volume discount.
Alerts for à la carte charges
Billing Admins and Organizations Owners paying for Monthly Tracked Users (MTUs) receive alert emails when their account exceeds their subscription cap by the following percentages: 85%, 100%, 110%, 120% and 200%. Email addresses that are CC'd on receipts will also be CC'd on à la carte data rate charge alert emails.
Furthermore, when the billing owner logs into mixpanel.com, they will see a popup if their account has exceeded their subscription cap by the following percentages: 100%, 110% and 120%.
Read more about MTU billing plans here.