To invite users to your project, click the settings gear and select the name of the project under "Project Settings".
Then, select the Project Users tab and click Invite Users.
Enter their email address and select their role.
Team Member Roles are an Enterprise feature. View the permissions matrix for both Default Roles and Team Member Roles in Project Member Roles.
New Mixpanel users will receive an invitation email. Users with an existing Mixpanel account will not get an email; they will simply be added to that project. The next time they login they will be able to see the project you just added them to in the project drop-down found in the top left corner of the screen.
Any team member can invite users to a shared project. The users you invite need to create a Mixpanel account under the same email address that the invitation was sent to.
Invite Users to Projects
The number of users that you can invite to each organization depends on the Engagement plan you are on. You can only add organization members to project that belong to the organization.
Visit the pricing page for more information or to upgrade for access to invite more team members.
You can delete, resend, or view the status of an invite. For more information on managing invites, see this article.
Request or Approve Access to a Project
You can request access to a Mixpanel project if a report link is shared with you. When you request access to a project, an access request email is sent to the project owner. Project owners and admins can approve access requests in Project Settings.
To protect against phishing attacks, we display the following warning in the access request email if an access request is made from an email address that is not in your organization.
Remove Project Members
Note: Only project owners can remove team members from a project.
To remove a project member:
- Click your initials in the upper righthand corner of Mixpanel.
- Select the project under Project Settings.
- In the "Project Users" tab, you will see a list of your project members. Click the check box next to one or more user's names and click the Delete button that appears at the top of the list.
When removing project members, anything they’ve created (like report bookmarks and notifications) will remain and will not be deleted.
Troubleshoot Project Invitations
No Access to Project After Invitation Sent to a Mixpanel Account User
Before contacting Customer Support, follow these steps if you were invited to a Mixpanel project and have a Mixpanel account, but can't access the project.
- Check your Project Menu in the upper left corner of the Mixpanel UI.
- If you already had a Mixpanel account when you were invited to the project, you will not receive an email. Instead the project will appear instantly in your Project Menu.
- If you received a project invitation email and then created a Mixpanel account without using the link in the invitation email, you need to be invited again. Once you are invited again, the project should appear in your Project Menu.
No Access to Project After Invitation Sent to a Non Mixpanel Account User
If you were invited to a Mixpanel project and do not have a Mixpanel account, you should have received an invitation email.
If you do not see a project invitation email in your inbox, check your spam folders for an email formatted as follows before contacting Customer Support:
From: Mixpanel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
subject: Mixpanel - Invitation from [PROJECT MEMBER/OWNER]
Body of Message: “...invited you to check out their analytics project and we’re excited to have you join their team. To get started, just click the link below to dive into the team’s data…”
Note: If your company uses Single Sign On or Two Factor Authentication, contact Customer Support.
Users Not Receiving Invite Email
If your team members are not receiving the invite email, Admins can copy a sharable link to send to team members.
To get a shareable link to an invite email:
- Under "Organization Settings", click Projects.
- Click Invited Users to view all pending invites.
- Select the arrow icon next to the Status column to resend the invite.
- Click Copy to get a sharable link for the invite email.