Find your public certificate
Your X.509 certificate is what allows users signing in through a third-party identity provider to be authenticated by Mixpanel without supplying a username and password. Each identity provider account has a unique X.509 certificate that will need to be uploaded to Mixpanel during the single sign-on setup process.
- Under Applications tab in Okta, select the Mixpanel app and click on the Sign On tab.
- Under the SAML 2.0 section, click View Setup Instructions, and scroll down to Configuration Data.
- Click Download certificate in the second entry to download your certificate.
Find your authentication URL
- Under Applications tab in Okta, select the Mixpanel app, and click on the Sign On tab.
- Under the SAML 2.0 section, click View Setup Instructions and scroll down to Configuration Data.
- You will find your Authentication URL in the third entry labeled Redirect Login URL.
- Sign into Okta as an Admin
- Go to Add Applications from the Admin Dashboard
- Search for Mixpanel, then click Add
- Switch over to your Mixpanel project, go to SSO Settings, and copy the URL in the field called Postback URL.
- Switch back to Okta, and add paste your Mixpanel postback URL to Okta under Postback URL, Recipient, and Destination.
- Set Audience Restriction to Mixpanel, and set Name ID Format to EmailAddress.
- Ensure Response is set to Unsigned, and click Next to add Okta users to the Mixpanel app.
- Once you have added users, click Next to complete the setup process.
- Return to your Mixpanel project, and set up single sign-on there using your public certificate and authentication URL.